Friday, September 28, 2007

Double Headed Turtle

In case you haven't noticed. Today, I posted the picture of a turtle with two heads in the upper right hand corner of my blog. When I first saw this picture, I said to myself this is hilarious. A turtle with two heads. What a freak of nature - or not. Maybe, this little fellow was created for a purpose. I'm not saying that the Word of the Lord came to me through this little guy. Nor am I trying to create some new cool 2 headed turtle doctrine. However, this little fellow did make me ponder a couple of questions. What would life be like for this poor little turtle? I would assume that anything with 2 minds would have a lot of trouble getting anything accomplished unless one mind learned to put off his selfish agendas, his views, his goals, his ambitions, etc. and let the other take the lead. I believe we in the body of Christ often do find ourselves in just this position. How do I follow the leading of Christ and still accomplish the things I want to accomplish. I think the answer is simple, if any man be in Christ he is a new creation. It is essential that believers understand that in Christ we are a new creation with a new perspective. No longer should we see ourselves as the south end of a north bound double headed turle being drug around against our will. The new perspective is this I get to serve Christ by doing the things that he did. When I do something to my brother I have done it unto Christ. When my enemy hits me on the cheek, I turn to him the other. We should be servants, following the example of Christ, and love him by loving his people. Understand this, YOU ARE THE EMBODIMENT OF CHRIST ON THIS EARTH. It is not that we dont get to go where we want to go and do what we want to do, but as we go, we are sharing the love of Jesus, sharing the gospel, proclaiming the good news.


Col 1:18 He is the head of the body, the church, as well as the beginning, the firstborn from among the dead, so that he himself may become first in all things

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks amigo! great post!.